Curse of the Golden Flower


Empress is being slowly poisoned by the Emperor. Empress is having an affair with her step-son, the Crown Prince.  Crown Prince is having an affair with the daughter of the doctor who creates and gives the Empress her poison. Empress is plotting something and wants her son to be emperor. Doctor's wife has a dark past which drives her daughter insane. Then the youngest prince is totally ignored. Talk about dysfunction junction.

Did nothing for me. I mean, it wasn't bad, but I did fast forward all the long silences. If I had the choice, probably would have watched something else. I am a fan of Gong Li. There are billions of Chinese, but she seems to be in all the big production Chinese films. Lucky her. It was psychedelic and over the top.

Film did remind me of cultural differences. I'm use to American movies, where big production films always, and I mean always, ends with a big fat happy ending. It's interesting. Maybe it's a good thing to be shown the reality of life. I mean, Harry Potter has got someone dying in every later books.

Curse of the Golden Flower They should renamed it. More like Curse of the Golden Cleavage. Then again, it isn't the only Chinese film I've seen that got cleavage.

Part I liked - clearly the ignored youngest prince who goes bat-crazy violent. To think, he played the so innocent young boy for most of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...